Financial Aid Forms and Information

2014-2015 Forms


Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
FAFSA on the Web Worksheet
Releases and Signatures Certification Form
Missing Parental Data on FAFSA Form


Dependent Verification Worksheet
Independent Verification Worksheet
Student Non-Tax Filer Verification Form
Parent Non-Tax Filer Verification Form
Income and Expense Breakdown Form
Untaxed Income Verification Form
Child Support Paid Verification Form
Divorce/Separated Statement
Business Farm Supplemental Form
Statement of Educational Purpose - Able to appear in person
Statement of Educational Purpose - Unable to appear in person

Documentation Reference

Lists of Acceptable Documentation for:


The following are documents that can be used to document citizenship status:

U.S. Citizenship documentation

  • U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
  • U.S. Certificate of Citizenship
  • U.S. Passport
  • U.S. Birth Certificate

Eligible non-citizenship status documentation

  • I-551 Permanent Resident Card

There are other documents that may document citizenship status, these are the most common.  Please see this link for further information.

All documents must be original documents and presented in person.  Copies of any kind are not acceptable.

Illinois Residency Requirement

All recipients of the Illinois Student Assistance Monetary Award Program (ISAC MAP) must be able to provide documentation to prove residency in the state of Illinois.


For MAP purposes, the parent of the dependent student must physically reside in Illinois, and Illinois must be their permanent home.


An independent student must have resided in Illinois for 12 continuous months prior to start of classes of the academic year the student is applying for the MAP grant to be considered an Illinois resident. The State of Illinois must be their permanent home.


The following are examples of documents that may be collected for proof of Illinois residency. For an independent student, the documentation must indicate that the student resided in Illinois for the previous 12 continuous months.

  • Parent's (or student's, if independent) valid federal or state of Illinois income tax for the prior year;
  • Illinois drivers license (Valid);
  • Utility or rent bills in the parent's (or independent student's) name;
  • Illinois auto registration card;
  • Statement of benefits history from the Illinois Department of Public Aid;
  • Residential lease in the parent's (or independent student's) name;
  • Statement of benefits from the Illinois Department of Employment Security;
  • State of Illinois identification card issued by the Secretary of State;
  • Illinois voter registration card;
  • Illinois high school diploma or transcript;
  • Wages and tax statement (W-2); or
  • Property tax bill.

With the exception of the Illinois tax return, all documentation needs to be issued one year prior to the start of the academic year to be used for the Illinois residency requirement.

Selective Service

Almost all male U.S. citizens and male aliens living in the U.S. who are 18 through 25 are required to register with Selective Service. If you are unsure if you were required to register please review the chart of who must register according to the Selective Service administration.

To obtain proof of your registration or to register with the Selective Service please go to the Selective Service System Website.

If you are a female, or do not fit into the requirements for having to register, please submit written notice to our office that you were not required to register indicating the reason.

High School Completion


Students who enter a program on or after July 1, 2012 must have successfully obtained a high school diploma or equivalent prior to being awarded any Federal or state student aid.

Satisfying the High School Diploma/Equivalency Requirement

Students will have the opportunity to 'self-certify" on the FAFSA directly stating that they received a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. By indicating on the FAFSA that the student has received one of the three options listed above, they are not required to send in proof of that completion unless there is reason to believe that the information is invalid.

Students that have answered the question incorrectly can go back and update their FAFSA. If high school was completed outside the U.S. please select "High School Diploma".

If a student does not indicate on the FAFSA that they have their high school diploma or equivalent, the student is required to provide documentation of their high school equivalency status. Federal and state aid will not be awarded until this requirement has been satisfied.

Documents acceptable to establish high school equivalency are:

  1. A copy of your High School Diploma;
  2. A copy General Educational Development Certificate (GED);
  3. A copy of a State certificate received by a student after the student has passed a State-authorized examination that the State recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma;
  4. An academic transcript of a student who has successfully completed at least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor's degree;


    For a person who is seeking enrollment in an educational program that leads to a least an associate's degree or its equivalent and who has not completed high school, documentation that the student excelled academically in high school and has met the formalized, written policies of that post-secondary institution for admitting such students.

Loan Information

Master Promissory Note (MPN)
and Entrance Counseling

Stafford Entrance Counseling and/or MPN

Graduate PLUS Entrance Counseling and/or MPN
Private Loan - Financial Awareness Counseling Instructions
Private Loan - Self Certification Form
Federal Perkins Loan

Office of Financial Aid
Lownik Hall - Main Floor
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone: (630) 829-6100
Fax: (630) 829-6101