Applying for Admission to the Scholars Program
Students wishing to apply for admission to the Scholars Program are required to complete an online application. Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis, but are encouraged to apply early.
Transfer Application Deadline for Spring 2024 Admission:
Application Deadlines for Fall 2024 Admission:
- Freshman Early Decision, Monday, January 22, 2024
- Freshman Regular Decision, Monday, March 11, 2024
- Transfer Students – Monday, April 1, 2024
- Applications received after these dates will be considered on a space-available basis only.
Requirements for Prospective Students
Requirements for prospective students who come to the Scholars Program out of high school:
- a cumulative high school GPA of 3.75 on a 4.0-scale;
- letters of recommendation from TWO high school instructors, at least one of whom must be familiar with and can comment on the student’s writing ability, and
- students may choose to submit ACT & SAT scores to support their application
- a commitment to a minimum of 8 semesters at Benedictine, including the completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
Requirements for students who come to the Scholars Program having completed a semester or more of college or university study:
- a minimum culminative college GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale and who have studied a second language should consider application to this program,
- letters of recommendation from TWO college instructors, at least one of whom must be familiar with and can comment on the student’s writing ability, and
- a commitment to a minimum of 4 semesters at Benedictine, including the completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
By the time of graduation from Benedictine, all Scholars Program students must demonstrate intermediate level oral and written proficiency in a language other than English. Although it is possible to meet the Scholars Program second language requirement by taking six semesters of language courses at Benedictine, for prospective students who do not have a heritage language, we recommend four years of high school language study and/or two semesters of college-level language study.
Admission to Benedictine University
No student can be admitted to the Program who has not been admitted to Benedictine University, although students may apply for admission to the Scholars Program before a decision on their application to Benedictine University has been announced.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the Scholars Program Assistant to schedule an admission interview. Applicants are interviewed by the Scholars Program Director and the Scholars Program Assistant. Interviews last approximately 30 minutes. During the interview, applicants will have the opportunity to elaborate on topics such as their high school record, their potential for success in meeting the Scholars Program requirements, their academic, extracurricular and creative interests, and their global awareness.
No applicant will be invited to interview who has not submitted the online application or been admitted to Benedictine University.
Most applicants are notified by e-mail of the decision regarding their admission to the Scholars Program within two weeks of having completed the interview. Those admitted are asked to accept or decline the offer of admission within a specified time frame. Students with questions regarding the status of their application are encouraged to contact the Director of the Scholars Program.
Eligible students denied admission for a particular semester may apply again for admission for a subsequent semester; no applicant may apply more than twice in an academic year.