myBenU
COVID-19 UPDATES
Komechak Art Gallery exhibit

Komechak Art Gallery

Komechak Art Gallery exhibit

The Benedictine University Permanent Art Collection was originally started by Fr. Michael E. Komechak, member of the Order of St. Benedict (OSB)., more than 40 years ago. His goal was to enhance the fine arts program and curriculum, which was established in 1910, and to give our entire community access to works of art.

 

Today, the Benedictine University art collection includes more than 3,500 pieces.

Learn More

A large portion of the Komechak Art Gallery’s permanent collection supports local, national and international artists. Our collection includes works from artists such as Ed Paschke, Barbara Rossi and internationally recognized artists such as Josef Beuys, Christo, Philip Pearlstein, Ursula von Rydingsvard, Pat Steir, Robert Indiana, K├Ąthe Kollwitz, Richard Hunt, Fred Stonehouse, Howard Finster, Bonnette, Tolliver and Bell. We also have works from outsider artists such as Mr. Imagination, Peace Prophet, Alma Richardson and Wesley Willis.

Komechak Art Gallery exhibit

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Komechak Art Gallery exhibit

Recently, the Komechak Art Gallery has achieved a long-term goal of establishing a virtual exhibition space to create a new and exciting way to view and learn about our current exhibitions and the exhibiting artists, and to allow the world to view our community lectures. The Benedictine University art collection is eclectic and known for its range of artistic styles and media. The walking tour focuses on regional parts of the collection, which helps to enliven our public spaces and encourages cultural discourse within our university. The collection is dispersed throughout our campus, and the walking tour is located on the second, third and fourth floors of Goodwin Hall.

Upcoming Events