The Westlake Foundation Scholarship (WFS) provides financial support for prospective students to pursue the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) through the RN to BSN, the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), and the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs at Benedictine University. Benedictine is classified as an institution serving under-resourced populations and as such, we expect to enhance recruitment of a diverse student population and first-generation college students who will benefit from the Scholarship.
All students admitted and enrolled into a Benedictine University Nursing program for the 2023-2024 academic year are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Eligible applicants will receive the one-time award to be utilized throughout their coursework. Scholarship amounts will vary based upon meeting the eligibility criteria
Applicant Requirements for Review
Deadlines for Applicant Review
- Spring 2024 admits apply by: December 15, 2023
- Summer 2024 cohort apply by: April 1, 2024
- Fall 2024 cohort apply by: June 15, 2024
Minimum Requirements for Receiving the Scholarship
- Successful completion of Associate of Applied Science (AAS) nursing degree from an accredited Community College for RN BSN, completion of the BSN for MSN students, and completion of MSN for DNP students.
- An unencumbered RN License.
- Successful completion of required prerequisites.
- Successful enrollment in Department of Nursing & Health coursework at Benedictine University.