Steering Committee Roles and Responsibilities
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Steering Committee is responsible for leading the coordination of university-wide efforts to implement the recommendations of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force.
- Provide leadership and advocacy to advance the University’s efforts to addressing systemic and structural issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Serve as a resource to senior leadership as the University seeks to embed and layer diversity, equity, and inclusion into its culture and in all University-wide activities and initiatives.
- Facilitate collaboration and communication between offices implementing DEI initiatives.
- Advocate for the development and implementation of programs and initiatives for students, faculty, and staff in order to support campus-wide efforts relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Review University policies, practices, and procedures to assess their impact on our efforts to support and promote an anti-racist environment.
- Propose University policies and procedures that promote positive systemic changes in addressing racism and inequality in all areas of the institution.
- Monitor and support efforts to recruit and retain diverse populations of students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide oversight for diversity, equity, and inclusion training programs.
- Develop plans for ongoing assessment of our effort pertaining to diversity, equity, and inclusion at the University.
- Track data pertaining to recruitment, retention, and graduation rates and use these data to recommend programming and interventions.