Conditions of Participation in the Grant
To participate in the MSP, you must agree to the conditions detailed below. Confirm your agreement with your signature and date at the bottom of the application form.
You understand that the scholarship and other funding is awarded on a per semester basis, for up to four undergraduate semesters. This award is provided to juniors and seniors who are accepted and retained in the BenU Nutrition and Dietetics MSP. Students who are selected as Nutrition and Dietetics MSP Scholars for their junior (or 3rd) year do not need to reapply for the scholarship in their senior (or 4th/final) year. Progress and continued eligibility of each MSP Scholar are reviewed by the Nutrition and Dietetics MSP Team at the end of each semester.
If accepted into the MSP Scholars program, you agree to participate in the following activities during your junior and senior years:
- NUTR 3296 Community Health Practicum in junior/3rd year (spring or summer)
- NUTR 4493 Leadership in Dietetics (fall)
- NUTR 4494 Leadership in Action (spring of senior/4th year)
- Tutoring by a peer, if grades warrant it and/or you request it.
- Regular and active participation in mentoring.
- Regular communication with the BenU Nutrition and Dietetics MSP Director, Catherine Arnold ([email protected]).
- Active participation in focus groups, held at least once each term to provide feedback.
- Complete surveys as requested by the MSP Director.
- Active practice (online) taking the RDN practice exam.
You are strongly encouraged to discuss attendance/participation at a professional conference and BenU study abroad program, funded in part or fully by this grant.
You understand that to be reimbursed for expenses listed or as designated by the MSP Director, you must have written pre-approval for the expense and submit an original receipt within 21 calendar days, or sooner, following the expense. Pre-approval is required as BenU will pay a vendor directly in some cases.
You understand that you must maintain a cumulative BenU GPA above 3.00/4.00 and continue to actively pursue the Nutrition and Dietetics major as a full-time student (i.e. taking at least 12 hours per semester) to continue as MSP scholar. If MSP Scholar status is not maintained according to the eligibility and conditions outlined above by a MSP Scholar, a student could reapply again once the required eligibility and conditions have been met.