Welcome to Benedictine University. The Benedictine University Police Department is committed to providing a high quality of service and shall maintain the highest standards of personal integrity and ethics.
I hope your time here at Benedictine University is safe and productive. The Benedictine University Police Department is here to assist you and protect the students, faculty/staff and guests of the University.
I wish you luck in your educational endeavors and hope to see you at graduation.
Annual Fire Safety Report (PDF)
For immediate medical, fire, or police emergencies, dial 911.
To request Campus Police services (217) 306-8031:
- protection of persons and property
- traffic/parking control and enforcement
- vehicle accident reports (on campus property)
- fire/hazard inspection
- severe weather warning
- monitor fire and security alarms
- lock and unlock of classrooms/offices
- criminal investigations
- highly visible patrol in vehicles and on foot
- safety education and awareness programs
- escorts service anywhere on campus
- motorist assistance (lock-outs and jump starts)
Emergency “blue light” stations are located at the 6th Street & Keys Avenue parking lot and in the center of the Dockson Plaza residence hall. You may report emergencies or request non-emergency Campus Police services, by speaking directly to an officer.
Ron Boris, Chief
Call 911 for all life-threatening emergencies