You must complete the following steps in order to secure your place in our Fall 2012 class. Your transition to Benedictine will be easy when you follow these steps:
1) Become an active member of our Benedictine University at Springfield Class of 2016. Get answers to your most pressing questions from new friends on the site as well as our helpful Admissions staff.
2) Complete necessary enrollment steps by May 1 to commit to Benedictine and begin in the Fall 2012:
- Every incoming freshman is required to take the math placement exam. The purpose is to place a student into the appropriate math course and to help ensure the student has the skills required to be successful in that particular course. The placement exams may be waived if students have scored a 23 in Math or 21 in English on the ACT exam. Fall 2012 freshmen will need to complete Math and Writing placement exams, for test dates contact your Admissions Representative to schedule the testing at (217) 525-1420, ext. 287
You may find study materials for the math placement exam at the following link: http://www1.ben.edu/springfield/depts/science/math_placement_0711.pdf
- Pay the $75 tuition deposit to secure your registration at Benedictine University at Springfield.
- After you complete your placement tests and submit your tuition deposit, you will be able to register for fall classes beginning on March 3, 2012. R.S.V.P. for one of the Preferred Advising Days for Fall 2012.
3) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. We suggest that you complete before April 2012. Remember to include our School Code: 001767.
4) Submit a completed Housing Contract and pay the $300 housing deposit to reserve your campus living space. Space is limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Note: students that submit a housing deposit are not required to submit a tuition deposit.
5) Submit a complete Health Form to the Admissions Office by June 1, 2012.
6) Submit your Advanced Placement Test scores or official transcripts for any college level coursework previously completed to Benedictine University at Springfield Admissions Office.
7) Submit your final official high school transcripts with degree conferral to Benedictine University at Springfield’s Admissions Office by September 1, 2012 to make your admission file complete.
8) Participate in New Student Orientation events.
9) Go to class! The first day of school is Monday, August 27, 2012.
5 Easy Steps to Attending Benedictine University at Springfield
- Campus Visit
- Apply (send transcripts)
- Health Form
- Submit Financial Aid - FAFSA
- Register for classes