The responsibility of the Registrar’s Office is the compilation and maintenance of permanent academic records for each student enrolled at Benedictine University at Springfield — the courses taken, grades received, grade point averages, academic standing, and the evaluation of external credit.
Functions of the Registrar’s Office
- Process registration forms
- Adding and/or dropping course(s)
- Input of mid-term and final grades
- Mailing final grade reports at the end of each semester
- Evaluation of external credit (including military, CLEP and AP exams)
- Certification of degrees
- Enrollment certification for loan agencies, insurance companies, etc. (including Good Student Discount certifications)
- Process transcript requests
- Update student information
Request for Academic Transcript
(Official and Unofficial)
Benedictine University at Springfield complies with all federal regulations regarding the release of student educational records as established by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). An academic transcript is a complete records of all the courses the student’s academic achievement.
A request for transcripts may be made in person, by mail or by fax. We must have a written signature to release your transcript; therefore, we are prohibited from accepting telephone or e-mail requests.
There are two types of transcripts: official and unofficial. An official transcript is printed on transcript paper and affixed with the college/university seal and stamped with the Registrar’s signature stamp. An unofficial transcript is printed on plain white paper marked “Unofficial Transcript”.
The following information is needed to process a transcript request:
- Full name (maiden name if applicable)
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Address where the transcript is to be mailed
- Dates of attendance (approximate)
- Daytime telephone number
- Student’s handwritten signature
- Transcript processing fee (checks not accepted)
Unofficial Transcripts - FREE
Walk-In Requests: Processed Same Day
Official Transcripts - $5/ea
Walk-In Requests or Mail/Fax: *2-3 Business Days
Official Transcripts (RUSH) - $15/ea
Walk-In Requests: Same Day
* NOTE: Transcripts (official and unofficial) will not be released to students who have a financial obligation to the college/university.
*During peak times (at the end of semesters) processing time is 7-10 business days.
Mail Transcript Requests
Benedictine University at Springfield
Fax Transcript Requests
Local: (217) 525-1420 Ext. 3238