2007
Women's basketball notches fourth consecutive win

Women's basketball notches fourth consecutive win
January 3, 2007

Dave Beyer, Sports Information Director
(630) 829-6143
dbeyer@ben.edu

The Benedictine University women's basketball team had to work overtime on Wednesday afternoon, but it was all worth it in the end as the team defeated Judson College, 68-60, on the road. The win improved the Eagles' record to 7-3 overall and the team's current win skein to four in a row. Junior center Tamika Curtis carved up Judson to the tune of 24 points, 15 rebounds, four blocked shots and five steals...all game-leading totals. Curtis hit eight-of-13 from the field and was eight-for-eight from the free throw stripe. Two of those charity shots came with her team trailing 53-51 with 00:00 showing in regulation after she was fouled shooting in the waning moments. Curtis calmly sank both to send the game into overtime, where she would add four points to her total. The backbreaker for Judson was Benedictine's three-point shooting, especially in the overtime segment. On the night BU was eight-for-21, but canned three long range hoops - by Tiffany Hardy, Blair Erickson and Dana Sullivan - in four attempts in the OT. Hardy finished the game with 14 points (the only other Benedictine player in double-digits besides Curtis). Sullivan tallied five of her seven points in that overtime period. Hardy also had a game-high five assists.

###

Benedictine University is an independent Roman Catholic institution located in Lisle, Illinois just 25 miles west of Chicago. Founded in 1887, Benedictine provides 56 undergraduate majors, 16 graduate and four doctorate programs. The Chronicle of Higher Education recently ranked Benedictine University as the seventh fastest-growing campus among private nonprofit master’s universities, and Forbes magazine named Benedictine among the top 20 percent of America’s colleges for 2011. Benedictine University’s Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program is listed by Crain’s Chicago Business as the fourth largest in the Chicago area in 2011.