Students are the lifeblood of any university. Through the collaborative efforts of our various offices, we help students make informed choices about continuing their education. We provide a welcoming atmosphere that reflects the best of the Benedictine values of hospitality and a concern for the development of each individual.
It is strongly recommended that you schedule a time to meet with an Admission Counselor. Admission Counselors will assist you throughout the admission process, in addition to providing you with an unofficial evaluation of your current and future courses.
- Apply to Benedictine University
- Request all official college / university transcripts to be mailed to Benedictine University (5700 College Rd. Lisle, IL 60532)
- If less than 20 transferable credits earned, request your official High School Transcripts, official ACT or SAT scores to Benedictine University
- If international credits earned, order an evaluation from ECE to be sent to Benedictine University
- Complete the International Admissions Application Questionnaire.
- Your admission counselor may request additional materials if it is requested by the department or you did not meet the minimum admission requirements. You may be asked to submit:
- A personal statement
- Letter of reference
- Once your completed application has been received and reviewed, an admission counselor will personally contact you by phone with your admission status.
International Student Check List
❑ International Student Application for Admission
❑ Application Fee of $40 USD (non-refundable)
❑ Photocopy of passport
❑ Official TOEFL/IELTS test score
❑ Official bank statement (must match the information on the "International Student Financial Support Form" section of the application)
❑ Letters of reference (two, three or four depending on program and must be from people who have worked with you in an academic or professional manner)
❑ Personal Statement (please state why you want to attend Benedictine, why you believe you will be successful at Benedictine, and discuss your academic and career goals)
❑ International Student Health form
❑ Housing Preference form
❑ Proof of Health Insurance
Undergraduate/Bachelor's Degree Applicants
❑ Official ACT/SAT test scores
❑ Official high school transcripts in a sealed envelope directly from institution
❑ Official and sealed transcripts from ALL colleges in which you previously enrolled bearing the signature of the registrar and the institutional seal
❑ Foreign credit must be evaluated by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) at www.ece.org
- High school students need a "General Analysis"
- Transfer students need a "Subject Analysis"
Graduate/Master's Degree Applicants
❑ Official and sealed transcripts from ALL colleges at which you were previously enrolled bearing the signature of the registrar and the institutional seal
❑ Foreign credit must be evaluated by ECE at www.ece.org. A "Course by Course" evaluation is required.
❑ Resume may be required
❑ Graduate level entrance exam (see application for specific program exam)
❑ Autobiographical statement (only required for Clinical Psychology)
❑ Other documents as requested by academic program. There are different requirements for each graduate program, and interested students should contact the Enrollment Center to get more specific information on these requirements.
Semester Calendar Dates
- Fall - June 1
- Spring - October 1
- Spring - January 1
- Summer – March
Quarter Calendar Dates
- Fall - August 1
- Winter - November 1
Art gallery exhibits rarely seen work by noted Imagist painter Ed Paschke
Read More >>
September 12, 2014
Pakistan diplomat to discuss conflict in the Muslim world at Benedictine
Read More >>
September 10, 2014
Benedictine will host fall open houses for prospective adult students
Read More >>