Students are the lifeblood of any university. Through the collaborative efforts of our various offices, we help students make informed choices about continuing their education. We provide a welcoming atmosphere that reflects the best of the Benedictine values of hospitality and a concern for the development of each individual.
- Welcome to Benedictine University. We are thrilled that you have been accepted into our graduate program. This section of our website is intended to give you a brief orientation of pertinent information that you will need as a graduate student at Benedictine University.
- After being admitted, please make sure to contact the appropriate department as soon as possible to set up an advising appointment. The Office of Admissions recommends that students contact their academic department within one week of being accepted in order to ensure they receive a spot in the classes that best fit their schedule.
Barnes & Noble at Benedictine University
- Barnes & Noble at Benedictine University has everything you will need for class. You can have books pre-ordered or held for you.
- Once you have your class schedule, you can view the textbooks required for your class online. The bookstore has the option of purchasing new, used, and e-books, as well as textbook rental options.
- Visit the bookstore online at http://ben.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BNCBHomePage?storeId=43556&catalogId=10001.com or call (630) 829-6010.
- Our Ben Central or Enrollment Services Department, located in both Lownik Hall and the main level of the Krasa Center next to the bookstore, assists students with both academic and billing needs. To learn more about the services offered through this department, please visit http://www1.ben.edu/resources/bencentral/.
- Did you know you can view and pay your bills online, add and drop classes, view your schedule, and much more all through MyBenU?
Class Selection and AdvisingPlease make sure that you contact your respective graduate program department for information regarding your academic advisor and to obtain class advising.
- *Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.) and Master of Education (M.Ed.) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (630) 829-6280
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) . . . . . . . . . (630) 829-6205
- Master of Public Health (M.P.H.). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (630) 829-6215
- Master of Science in Accountancy (M.S.A.) . . . . . . . . . . (630) 829-6205
- Master of Science in Clinical Exercise Physiology (M.S.C.E.P.) . . . . . . . (630) 829-6563
- Master of Science in Clinical Psychology (M.S.C.P.) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (630) 829-6230
- Master of Science in Leadership (M.S.L.). . . . . . . . . . . . (630) 829-6126
- Master of Science in Management and Organizational Behavior (M.S.M.O.B.) . . . . . . . . . (630) 829-6223
- Master of Science in Management Information Systems (M.S.M.I.S.) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (630) 829-6218
- Master of Science in Nutrition and Wellness (M.S.N.W.). . . . . . . . . . (630) 829-6528
- Master of Science in Science Content and Process (M.S.S.C.P.) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (630) 829-6539
* All students enrolling in online course work should contact the Online Academic Program Coordinator at (630) 829-6203 for additional instructions.
The log in for a campus computer, MyBenU, and your student email are all the same. Below are instructions for log in information. For a complete guide to Technology Information for Students, please visit: http://www1.ben.edu/it/docs/TIPS.pdf. If, at any time, you have problems with your login, please contact the Help Desk at (630) 829-6684 or firstname.lastname@example.org
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOGGING IN TO A UNIVERSITY COMPUTER
- You will need to press CTRL + ALT + DEL at the same time. This will bring up an important message box from the University. After reading, either click OK or just hit Enter.
- Now you should see a box labeled Logon to Windows. This window will have three boxes for input (User Name, Password, and Log on to).
- For the User Name, enter b plus your student id (i.e., b1234567). This entry is not case sensitive.
- For the Password, the first time you login to use your account you will enter the default password given to you by Student Advising or the Helpdesk. After you login and change your password, you will use the new one you have created. (Note: passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters and contain at least one number. They are case sensitive). You will be prompted to change your password periodically.
- For Log On To, be sure that STUBEN is shown as the domain you are logging into.
- After completing the steps above you will be able to use the university computer network.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOGGING INTO STUDENT EMAIL or MyBenU
- On the main web page http://ben.edu/index.cfm please click on "Login" in the upper right hand corner. This will take you to a page listing all the different areas for students, faculty, and staff to log in.
- Click on "student email log in" or MyBenU
- Your "User Name" will be "b" plus your student id (b1234567).
- Your password will be the last four digits of your social security number twice. After you change your password, this will change your password for all of these different log in areas.
- A college education is one of the largest financial investments a family will make. We believe that an education from Benedictine University will provide valuable returns throughout a student's lifetime. Our Financial Aid Office is dedicated to helping students and their families make a Benedictine University education affordable. We view the process of financing an education as a partnership. Although the student and his/her family have primary responsibility for meeting college costs, Benedictine University as well as the federal and state governments have a variety of financial aid programs available to students who need financial assistance. Contact our Financial Aid Office at (630) 829-6100 for more information.
- Graduate students looking for more information online can visit: http://www1.ben.edu/resources/financialaid/graduate.asp
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning on January 1, 2013. Remember to include our School Code 001767.
- All Benedictine Students are encouraged to visit the library and learn more about the services offered. The library's mission "is to provide library resources and services that support the Benedictine University community and meet its academic and research needs".
- The library is located in Kindlon Hall. In addition to thousands of books and periodicals, the library also offers study rooms for group projects and computers for students to use while in the library.
- Students can even take a tour of the library from the comfort of home! Please visit http://libguides.ben.edu/content.php?pid=120651&sid=1038723 for a virtual tour of the library.
- Students looking for a bite to eat have many options at Benedictine.
- Cash and credit/debit cards are accepted in the Kindlon Coffee Shop, Coal Ben Restaurant, and Krasa Dining Hall.
- For more information on Locations and Menus, please visit the Dining Services website at http://www.bendiningservices.com/
Student IDs (BenCard) and Parking Permits
- Students can obtain their BenCard and parking permits at Benedictine University's Police Department located in the lower level of the Krasa Student Center.
- For more information on what you will need to obtain your BenCard, please visit: http://www.ben.edu/campus_resources/bencard/index.cfm