Undergraduate Enrollment (2011): 3,825
Freshman GPA Recommendation: 2.5/4.0
ACT Recommendation: 21
SAT Recommendation: 990
Class Rank Recommendation (percent): top 50
• Private, Roman Catholic University founded by the monks of St. Procopius Abbey in 1887.
• 108-acre wooded campus located 25 miles west of downtown Chicago.
• Dan and Ada Rice Center features a new basketball arena with surrounding track surface, and fitness center.
• Facilities include a student center with a dining room, lounges, a chapel, Barnes & Noble at Benedictine University and meeting rooms. Three comfortable and spacious residence halls feature free Internet access and cable television.
• Founders’ Woods apartments offer one-, two- and four-bedroom residences for upper classmen.
• Birck Hall of Science houses advanced computer labs, specialized science labs, a research center and the Jurica-Suchy Nature Museum.
• Kindlon Hall of Learning houses computer labs, classrooms, multimedia labs, offices, student lounges and the renovated Benedictine University Library.
• Students represent 50 states and 15 foreign countries.
• More than 40 student organizations, honorary societies, service groups, ethnic associations and a student newspaper.
• Student-to-faculty ratio is 18:1.
• 117 full-time faculty, seven part-time and 474 adjunct faculty.
• Average undergraduate class size is 19 students.
• Forbes magazine named Benedictine University among "America's Top Colleges" for 2012.
• StateUniversity.com ranks Benedictine University as the 34th safest campus in the United States – and the safest four-year school in Illinois.
• Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program helps low-income and elderly persons save thousands of dollars annually.
• Best Buddies organization provides mentoring and friendship to the developmentally disabled.
• 2011-2012 Northern Athletics Conference champions in football and women’s softball.
• $6.7 million renovation of Dan and Ada Rice Center completed in 2011.
• NCAA Division III affiliation offering 21 men’s (baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, indoor and outdoor track and field) and women’s (basketball,cross country, cheer, dance, golf, lacrosse,soccer, softball, tennis, indoor and outdoor track and field, volleyball) sports.
• School nickname: Eagles.
• School mascot: Ernie the Eagle.