Undergraduate Enrollment (October 2013): 3,830
Freshman GPA Recommendation: 2.5/4.0
ACT Recommendation: 21
SAT Recommendation: 990
Class Rank Recommendation (percent): top 50
• Carnegie Classification: Doctoral/Research University.
• Private, Roman Catholic University founded by the monks of St. Procopius Abbey in 1887.
• 108-acre wooded campus located 25 miles west of downtown Chicago.
• Five colleges, including College of Liberal Arts, College of Science, College of Business, College of Education and Health Services, and Moser College of Adult and Professional Studies offer undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees.
• 22 buildings.
• Number of states/foreign countries represented: 50/17
• Lisle, Illinois - main campus
• Springfield, Illinois - branch campus
• Mesa, Arizona - branch campus
• Naperville, Illinois - Moser Center for Adult and Professional Studies
• 42 additional Illinois class sites
• 8 class sites in China
• 2 class sites in Vietnam
• Students represent 50 states and 17 foreign countries.
Students and Faculty
• More than 40 student organizations, honorary societies, service groups, ethnic associations and a student newspaper.
• Student-to-faculty ratio is 18:1.
• 117 full-time faculty, seven part-time and 474 adjunct faculty.
• Average undergraduate class size is 19 students.
• Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program helps low-income and elderly persons save thousands of dollars annually.
• Best Buddies organization provides mentoring and friendship to the developmentally disabled.
• 61 NCAA Appearances
• 16 NCAA individual Appearances
• 69 Conference Championships
• $6.7 million renovation of Dan and Ada Rice Center completed in 2011.
• NCAA Division III affiliation offering 21 men’s (baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, indoor and outdoor track and field) and women’s (basketball,cross country, cheer, dance, golf, lacrosse,soccer, softball, tennis, indoor and outdoor track and field, volleyball) sports.
• School nickname: Eagles.
• School mascot: Ernie the Eagle.
Making business meetings more productive topic of lecture, workshop at Benedictine
Read More >>
March 17, 2015
Benedictine's National Moser Center in Springfield hosts informational open house for adult students on April 8
Read More >>
March 16, 2015
Carroll will preside over first-ever Commencement at Mesa and deliver Lisle address before he steps down as University president
Read More >>