Students minoring in music are required to take a minimum of 22 credit hours of coursework in music; additionally, all music minors are required to perform a music jury each semester.
Entrance requirements for the Music minor
- Audition for the department to show competencies in solo performance, scales and sight-reading.
- Take a music entrance exam in theory, keyboard, and aural skills.
- 100-level courses: MUSI 101-B (3), MUSI 112-B (1)
- 200-level courses: MUSI 205 (3), MUSI 206 (3), 4 credit hours of Applied music (200-level Applied – must be continuously enrolled prior to MUSI 250), junior recital (MUSI 250) (1)
- 300-level courses: MUSI 300 elective (3)
- Ensembles (4 semesters minimum)