· Entries for the Homecoming Parade will be submitted electronically or to Nicole Placek in Krasa 175.
· Questions or concerns about entries can be directed to Nicole Placek in Krasa 175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· A float decorating party will be held in the parking garage lot from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00pm. Any building done after 11:00pm will automatically disqualify you.Snacks will be provided.
· You will be allowed to add finishing touches to your float on Friday morning from 10:00am to 11:00am. All float participants must be at the Parking Garage by 11 am for float lineup.
· Pre-building is allowed but your float must be completed at the Float Party. Please ask for clarification if you have questions.
· Please bring your own supplies, although some will be provided by the Homecoming Committee
· Provided Supplies include: masking tape, scotch tape, butcher block paper, poster board, streamers, ribbon, scissors, glue, paints/markers.
· You will be responsible for clean-up of your building area/float and any damage caused to the Parking Garage during float building.
· NO alcohol or illegal substances will be allowed in the float decorating area.
· No alcohol or illegal substances will be allowed in the float or vehicle in the parade.
· All floats must be present at the Float Decoration Party on Thursday evening. If you are a walking group, please join us for the decorating party as well.
· Any vehicle must be driven by your club advisor or the vehicle owner.
· NO university vehicles may be used.
· Candy or BenU items may be passed out along the parade route.
· Tampering of floats will not be tolerated.
· You must rely and capitalize on your own creative abilities to build your float.
· Violation of these rules will result in disqualification.
· Floats will be judged at the end of the parade.
· Judges will be from a wide variety of campus faculty and staff
· Judging will be based on the following:
· School Spirit
· Incorporation of the theme
DAY OF PARADE:
· All participants must be at the Parking Garage to move float out of garage by 10:45 a.m
· All trailer and car floats must be lined up between 11:00 and 11:30am in their designated line up position.
· Parade will move to start location at 11:45am sharp.
· Parade will be at 12 noon and end in the Rice Center Parking lot
· Please pull your float into assigned number spot for judging following the parade.
· Enjoy the Spread the Red Lunch for the announcement of winners.
Have an artist you would like to see at BenU?
Click above and take our survey.