The Center for Higher Education and Organizational Change is an exemplary program for professionals passionate about leading change in higher education. We are nationally respected for our unique, practice-based curriculum and approach that empowers students to build professional and personal networks, to expand the field of knowledge, and to contribute to the continued strengthening of our fast-changing academic world.
Our faculty and graduates are a close-knit group of distinguished thought leaders and change agents who generate quality research and innovative, practical solutions to the challenges facing higher education.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in last 30 hours of graduate credit.
- Letter of intent explaining applicants career goals as related to the doctoral program.
- Two letters of reference from persons knowledgeable about the applicant’s academic and/or professional competence.
- 3-year minimum work experience, preferably in higher education.
- Writing sample.
- Current resume including pertinent publications and presentations.
- Complete application (link to application) and non-refundable $50 fee.
- All official transcripts from institutions of higher education.
- No transfer credit accepted.
- International transcripts to be evaluated by either ECE or WES.
- International students will need a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based).
After a complete application is reviewed, a personal interview may be required. The deadline for receipt of completed applications is July 15. New cohorts start their studies around August 20 each year.
- Attendance at one American Council on Education Annual Meeting.
- Participation in at least two major lectures scheduled by and at Benedictine University in Lisle, IL.