Benedictine University is committed to providing a dynamic academic community based on rigorous undergraduate and graduate study, underscored by a strong Catholic heritage and time-honored Benedictine values....
Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students from diverse ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds. As an academic community committed to liberal arts and professional education distinguished and guided by our Roman Catholic tradition and Benedictine heritage, we prepare our students for a lifetime as active, informed and responsible citizens and leaders in the world community.
Benedictine University is a Catholic University in the Benedictine Tradition that Provides a Values-Centered Liberal Arts Education Enriched by Our Excellence in Science.
- In 2012, The Chronicle of Higher Education ranked Benedictine University as the No.1 fastest-growing campus in the country among private nonprofit research universities between 2000-2010.
- Forbes magazine named Benedictine among "America's Top Colleges" for the second consecutive year in 2012.
- Benedictine's Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program is listed by Crain's Chicago Business as the fifth largest in the Chicago area in 2012.
- TheBestColleges.org ranked Benedictine third among the top online Catholic colleges and universities in 2013 and the online Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) program fourth in the nation for 2013.
- TheBestColleges.org ranked Benedictine's online Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) program fifth in the nation for 2013.
- TheBestSchools.org ranked Benedictine's online Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) program among the top 15 in the nation for 2012.
- U.S. News & World Report consistently lists Benedictine among the top colleges and universities in the nation and ranked Benedictine's online Master of Science in Nursing program among the top 50 in the country. The University was recognized in 2011 as eighth in Illinois for highest average freshman retention rate and sixth in Illinois for racial diversity.
- U.S. News & World Report named Benedictine University to its list of “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs” in the nation for 2013.
- StateUniversity.com ranks Benedictine University as the safest four-year school in Illinois (third among all Illinois colleges and universities) based on a scale that accounts for the severity and frequency of on-campus crime in 2011.
- Listed as a 2012 "Military Friendly School" by G.I. Jobs, a veteran-owned publication focusing on post-military education and employment.